Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can't Go To YouTube

It's been several days now, and I remembered reading somewhere that China had blocked YouTube.com for contents that are inappropriate. Why am I not surprised?

Does anyone remember when it did Wikipedia and BBC?

Having lived in China for quite sometime now, I can start to understand why there is a need for such a blockade. It is not to totally eradicate a content but to minimize the ripple of bad effects to both its citizens and the nation.

Sure, say what you want about China, and the Chinese will die loving their country.

I don't expect myself to follow their patriotism, I just try to understand it. It truly is amazing how much heart there is still left in this part of the world.

But I miss watching shorts on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment