Thursday, April 2, 2009

My OS is splitting up

I envy Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, Puppy, etc. for keeping it whole. The developers of my Linux distribution of choice - PCLinuxOS - had split up, and I am remaining a PCLinuxOS user. The other half went and formed Unity Linux. How it will be, I don't know but I am waiting to find out.

So what have I learned? Split ups are a mess. I am moderating the PCLinuxOS forum and hell went loose. The mailing lists were plagued with accusations and drama. It is early to know who are the villains and the heroes. What will I do? It is PCLinuxOS and the good hands of Texstar that got me into the Linux world so I'm sticking with my OS ... whether it continues or ceases to survive. That is just me, I am loyal. People often make mistakes about foolishness and loyalty.

PCLinuxOS is still a good OS. The repositories were left in a big mess and Texstar has been cleaning everything up. He is a good man. He has cancer but he is a good man. I am praying that his cancer will be contained and minimized. I am praying that he'll get well soon. His sacrifices are worthy of that of a legend. And that is exactly what he'll be. Texstar will be a legend in the Linux world.

In the meantime, I will get on and move forward, fulfill my obligations and responsibilities in my community, and keep advocating the use of Linux, especially PCLinuxOS to my friends and other computer users.

No comments:

Post a Comment